There are 24 carrels on the Block A in the Library. The carrels from number 1 to 8 are located on the 1st floor, from number 9 to 16 are located on the 2nd floor, and from number 17 to 24 are located on the 3rd floor.
• METU academic staff, PhD and master's students can borrow carrels with their METU ID card.
• Carrels can be borrowed for 3 hours from Circulation Desk. Returns must be done to Desk. If they are not given back within the preseribte time users are fined with 3 TL per hour.
• If there is not a user waiting for a carel renewal can be done
• Carrel keys must be returned maximum 15 minutes before the closing time of the library.
• Carrels are not for group work, therefore only one person can use a carrel at a time.
• Phone calls, food and beverages are prohibited in the carrels.
• Unborrowed library items should not be left in the carrels.
• In case of lost key, users have to pay 20 TL fine for the magnetic card.
For any enquires and suggestions. Please send an e-mail to Circulation Department or call (+90.312)210 27 85 / (+90.312)210 36 24