ODTÜ Library is committed to providing equal opportunities for access to its materials and services. The Library aims to make all collections, search facilities, reservations and other services easily accessible to all users, according to their needs.
Research assistance is available for all Library users and the library staff are aware that disabled students may need extra support. Library staff can help locate and access materials. Users with hearing impairment can ask to be notified in person when the library closes in the evening, as they might not hear the spoken announcements.
The main entrance is generally through the rotating doors; an alternative entrance – a door between the two revolving doors - is opened by smart-card. Users with disabilities can apply by mail to email@example.com for their university membership card to be validated so they can enter through this particular point. Accessible toilets are on the ground floor, in the personnel section. Disabled visitors may use the library elevator (in the personnel section) to access upper floors.
Services for visually-impaired users are:
- A catalog terminal with JAWS screen reader program and a headphone for visually impared users is available at the entrance of the Library.
- There is a braille display for visually impared users locating at the Short Loan (Reserve) section in the Library. The braille display provides a compact and tactile interface to your computer. This equipment which is used with screen access softwares, such as JAWS can be borrowed for a week. It must be returned the next day, before 11:00 am. User guides in print and braille format are also supplied with the equipment. The electronic version of the guide is accessible through the library catalogue.
- The text version of the Library's web page which can be read by JAWS Windows Screen Reading Software is available.
- The Photocopy Office which is placed on the Ground Floor of the Library provides scanning services to library users. Lecture notes and requested chapters of the other printed materials can be scanned in accordance with the copyright law. Scanning price is 6 Kr/page.
In the Reserve Section, METU Without Barriers Student Club’s room has some materials for disabled students.
Comment and Suggestions
• You can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
• Call (+90.312)210 71 88.
• View information on www.engelsiz.metu.edu.tr for about the support that is offered at METU.