The Reserve collection which is created by faculty and librarians, contains semester textbooks, supplementary books, and daily newspapers.
How to find textbooks
> Go to the Library Catalogue.
> Click on one of the options under the “Course Reserves” link:
If you would like to browse the books by course, click on the “Course Search"
If you would like to browse by instructor, click on "Instructor Search"
Materials which may be placed in Reserve collection:
Books in Library collection
DVDs, CD-ROMs, etc.
Materials which may not be placed in Reserve collection:
Current and bound periodicals
Items from the Reference collection
Non-circulating materials from the general collection.
Using the Reserve
Only academic staff may add or remove material to/from Reserve collection.
- Users must show their approved year-labeled METU ID cards to borrow materials.
- Instructors who want to add items to reserve collection should submit Adding Or Remowing Items to/from Reserve Collection form. A printed version of the form can also be provided from Borrowing and Reserve desk.
- Overdue fines will be assessed as 60 Kr per hour and 14,40 TL a day.
- Academic/administrative staff, students, and retired academic/administrative staff can borrow materials from Reserve.
- Items which have circulated less than five times are removed from Reserve.
- A user can borrow 2 items from Reserve at the same time.
- Renewals are not permitted on items in the Reserve collection.
- All borrowers are responsible for fees associated with lost or damaged materials as outlined in section four of the METU Library Policy Manual.
- Reserve materials must be returned to the Reserve desk.
- Borrowed Reserve materails cannot be reserved.
Note: If students fail to pay their fines, their marks and transcripts will be withheld and they will be prevented from registering in future courses until the fines are paid in full. In the case of faculty, borrowing privileges may be suspended.
Type A for 3 hours and overnight after 16:00 (materials borrowed overnight must be returned the next day until 11:00 am).
Type B for 3 hours.
Type C for 3 days.
Removing Items from Reserve
Items which have circulated less than five times are removed from Reserve.
The removed books from Reserve are added to the general collection.
The instructor may remove items at any time in person by e-mail, by phone (+90.312.2102784 / +90.312.2102768), or by filling out the Adding Or Remowing Items to/from Reserve Collection form on the Library web page.
Questions or comments relating to the reserve collection can be directed to the Circulation Department by e-mail or telephone at (+90.312)210 27 84 or (+90.312)210 27 68.